Amwell Valley Fire
In 1923 the population of East Amwell was 1,102 and at that time had no local fire protection. On the night of November 27th, a group of local citizens held a meeting in the lecture room of the Kirkpatrick Memorial Church. For the first time, fire protection for Ringoes was publicly discussed. The town people were enthused and weekly meetings were scheduled. On Dec 5th, at a meeting chaired by Harry H. Brown, it was reported that 1,395.00 had be raised by public subscription to support the fire company. At a December 12th meeting, the "AMWELL VALLEY VOLUNTEER COMPANY NO 1" was formed and several men willingly volunteered to serve as fire fighters. When the fire company was incorporated on Jan 22th 1930, the name became "THE AMWELL VALLEY FIRE COMPANY".